Electacourse offer a City & Guilds exam booking service for the City & Guilds 2382-18 (18th Edition) and Part P (2393-10) exams. We have partner exam centres throughout the UK.
Quick facts about Electacourse exam booking
- Cost? If you are a student on an Electacourse 18th Edition Course, the cost is £120. If not, the cost is £160 (both, plus VAT)
- Where? We have exam centres throughout the UK (but unfortunately not in N.Ireland or Wales).
- When? First, you need to buy an exam booking, only after purchase will you then be able to choose your date of exam. But see below about how much notice we need for each different exam centre
- Eligibility? You have to be either:
- An Electacourse 18th Edition Course customer, or
- Studied your 18th Edition with IET or NICEIC, or
- Studied elsewhere and purchased the Electacourse 18th Edition Online Practice Test
If you do not match one these conditions, we cannot take your booking and will refund your exam booking purchase
Where are our centres?
We have two types of exam centres 1. Permanent Centres, 2. Pop-Up Centres
Permanent centres are available to all exam customers, Pop-Up centres are only available to Electacourse 18th Edition Course customers. IMPORTANT NOTICE. During the Covid period which is continuing, the Pop-Up centres remain closed
We can often get your preferred 18th Edition exam date with as little as one week’s notice. Somet centres have day restrictions, indicated in brackets.
- London – Isleworth
- London – Barking
- London – Edgware
- Nottingham (Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday)
- Manchester (Tuesday, Thursday at 6:00pm)
While Covid continues, we are not using the pop-up centres, with the exception of Basingstoke and Exeter. There is also limited availability in our other centres which are available only to Electacourse 18th Edition Course customers. For these centres we need a bit more notice, please make your booking at least 8 weeks in advance of when you want to take the exam.
Basingstoke, Dundee, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hull, Leicester, Maidstone, Watford (M25)
To purchase an exam only take this link : Exam Only Booking £160 (+ VAT) – Electacourse 18th Edition Course customers – use your discount voucher to get the exam for less.
IET Academy and NICEIC 18th Edition Courses
We of course encourage you to purchase the Electacourse 18th Edition Online Course or our 18th Edition Update course, both of which we consider to be of the highest quality, however we recognise the IET and NICEIC online courses. If you are signed up with either the IET or NICEIC and are now looking to take the City & Guilds 2382-18 exam, we can take you as a candidate for the exam. There are two requirements:
- You can only book for the exam at one of our Permanent Centres, the other centres are reserved for Electacourse candidates
- On registration for the exam (after you have made the exam purchase), you will be required to upload your course completion certificate
Cost of the exam
The cost of the exam is £160 (+VAT). If you have already purchased either the Electacourse 18th Edition Online or 18th Edition Update courses you will have received a voucher which discounts this exam price. Use the voucher when purchasing the exam.
The price includes City & Guilds exam registration, exam sitting and City & Guilds certificate (on successfully passing the exam).
Readiness for the exam
You will need to demonstrate to us your readiness for the exam. Most commonly we will ask you to declare your most recent results using the 18th Edition and Part P Online Practice tests. We can verify this through viewing your progress through the courses/practice.
If you are doing the City & Guilds 2382-18 exam as an 18th Edition Update Course or Exam-Only customer, we will ask you for your 17th Edition Certificate number.
We can only accept an Exam Only Booking if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are already an Electacourse 18th Edition Online Course or 18th Edition Update Online Course customer (don’t forget to apply your discount voucher)
- You are an Electacourse 18th Edition Online Practice test customer and can demonstrate you have been regularly achieving greater than 80% mark in the Electacourse 18th Edition Online Practice test
- You have completed the IET or NICEIC 18th Edition Online Course and have a Certificate of Completion (we will ask you to upload a copy of the certificate)
Ready to book your exam?
If you are an Electacourse customer and your exam was part of your purchase: check the email you received at the time of purchase. There is a link in the email to the Exam Registration Form.
Many FE Colleges will accept you as an exam only candidate. If you search on the UK Government National Careers Website, you can find colleges which offer the Wiring Regs course and may accept you as an exam only candidate.
To purchase an exam only booking with Electacourse take this link : Exam Only Booking
Work with us
If you are an accredited exam centre and would like to work with us. Please get in touch. Our contact details are below. We are particularly looking for centres in Northern Ireland, East Anglia, South East and South West England and South Wales.
Why work with us?
- Every candidate we send to your centre is a new potential training customer for you.
- If you would like to offer the 18th Edition Online Course to your customer base. Please contact us using the form below to enquire about our terms