The aim of this course is to prepare candidates for the City & Guilds 2382-18 examination. An electrician passing the 2382-18 is known as 18th Edition Qualified. You will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the British Standards BS7671 Wiring Regulations, as they relate to wiring and electrical installations.
All electricians practising in the UK need to understand the Wiring Regulations. You need to have the knowledge to reference BS7671 in order to carry out your work to a professional standard. It is unlikely an electrician can get a job in the UK, without being 18th Edition qualified.
Certified proof of your understanding of the Wiring Regulations provides protection in case you are ever involved in a professional dispute.
About the 18th Edition Exam
Once you have completed this course you will need to take the City & Guilds 2382-18 exam. Your exam may be included in this course. If it is not included, then you have the option of either making your own exam arrangements or using the services of the company you are studying this course with.
We recommend you do not consider putting yourself forward for the exam until you are regularly achieving marks in excess of 80% with the exam practice included at the end of this course.
The clear advantages of studying this online course are:
- No time off work – you save money and time instead of spending days at a training centre
- No pressure – you can study at your own pace and in your own time
- Study anywhere – as long as you have a good internet connection and any online device, you can study where you like
- Reliability – study with a trusted online course publisher. We have been supplying high quality training to electricians for many years.
- Flexibility – if you are an independent candidate you can choose to book your City & Guilds exam through us, or you can make your own exam arrangements (FE Colleges can often let you take the exam with them).
Access to this course
Most customers: This course remains accessible to you for one year following purchase. Please complete the course within this period.
Other customers: for students accessing this course through your employer or training provider, they have taken care of how long you have access to this content.
What to expect when you have completed this course
The techniques and knowledge to enable you to pass the City & Guilds 2382-18 exam